Trekking in Peru will allow you to discover the connection between Cusco, Machu Picchu and the rest of the Inca empire by trails of excellent design in strict and perfect balance with the natural environment. The Inca Trail and all roads that lead to Machu Picchu are surrounded by breathtaking landscape, crossing the Andes mountain range and sections of the Amazon Rainforest.
"Arriving by the Intipunku is the most amazing experience you will have in Peru!"
Machu Picchu is the best-known and most popular destination on the South American continent. Each fully-supported Peru Trekking Tour along the Inca road system becomes an extraordinary adventure. A once-in-a-lifetime chance to explore the storied and mysterious hidden city of the Inca and one of the 7 Wonders of the World.
Important Trekking Note:
Only 500 hundred people can start the trail on any given day
- Trek with a responsible and reputable operator.
- Beware of fly-by-night agencies at the expense of your confort and safety -and, worst of all, at the expense of the environment.
- When trekking across the Andes, please follow Leave No Trace (LNT) principles and encourage fellow trekkers to do the same.
- Consider the Salkantay Trek to Machu Picchu as an excellent alternative when permits are sold out for that specific date.
- Upgrade to Vistadome train for a more relaxed return to Cusco.
- If hiking the Inca Trail we recommend to book 3 months in advance, specially during the high months between June and August.
Secure your Inca Trail trekking permit now!